No matter the event, this seems to be a recurring question for 2020. Any celebration must now consider social distancing rules and mask regulations because of the on-going pandemic, and Halloween is no different. Don’t worry, though! Keep reading to see how OKC is celebrating Halloween this year!
*Don’t let the pandemic get you down! Halloween is going to be extra spooky this year! Not only does it fall on a Saturday, but it will also be a full moon…and its daylight savings, so we will get an extra hour of celebrating!
- The Great Pumpkin Patch at the Myriad Botanical Gardens is a great way to celebrate fall and pumpkins! There will be large pumpkin murals, hay bales, corn stalk mazes, pumpkin decorating, and a giant pumpkin patch with endless pumpkins to pick! All events will follow safe social distancing rules and masks are encouraged! The patch will be open from October 16- 25, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., daily.
- Just north of OKC in Piedmont, OK, is a pumpkin patch you won’t want to miss! Chester’s Party Barn and Farm will offer a pumpkin patch, pumpkin chunking, inflatables, paintball, tractor rides, a petting zoo and more! Take a short family road trip and enjoy the perfect fall day out at Chester’s! Chester’s Party Barn & Farm Pumpkin Patch will be open through November 1st, Thursday- Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., and Sunday 1-6 p.m.
- You won’t want to miss the 6th annual Brick-or-Treat in downtown OKC! This year, the Brick-or-Treat will be celebrated on Monday, October 28th, from 4-7 p.m. Families can come out and trick-or-treat around the Bricktown district. There will be over 40 businesses handing out candy, pumpkin painting, a photo booth, inflatables, and Elsa, Rey and Spiderman appearances!
- Haunt the Zoo at the Oklahoma City Zoo will have a socially distanced trick-or-treat. Trick-or-treaters can collect candy from13 designatedcandy stations along the Haunt the Zoo trail! They will also be able to enjoy pumpkin painting, mazes, carousels and more! Make sure you wear your costume! Haunt the Zoo will run from Oct. 10- Nov. 1, on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Buy tickets here: https://www.okczoo.org/haunt-the-zoo
- Are you ready for a train ride? Hop on the Halloween Train Ride at the Oklahoma Railway Museum and enjoy a 40-minute train ride, mini-golf, a costume contest and scavenger hunt! The Halloween train will operate October 30-31, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. You can buy tickets online at their website, https://www.oklahomarailwaymuseum.org/events/train-rides/halloween-train/
Something a lil’ Scarier:
- It’s time for Frontier City’s annual Hallowfest! Through October, families can enjoy thrills by day and chills by night. During the day, take the family to enjoy kid-centric mazes, fun magic shows and one of the most popular attractions, the Selfie Trick or Treat Trail! However, things start to get extra spooky once night falls! Ride coasters in the dark, enjoy the spooky light show and walk through frightening trails! Order your tickets today at https://www.sixflags.com/frontiercity/ !
- Want something terrifying? Walk-through the Wicked Forest of Terror. You will have to walk through a mile-long course full of horror. This haunted trail is not for the light of heart. You will have to sign a waiver before participating, and your personal space will be invaded. If you are up for the scare, this haunted trail is the perfect one for you! There is also a kid trail through the Children’s Forest, that is offered before sundown. Parents can walk with their children through Halloween spooks that are a lot less terrifying and a lot more fun! You can buy tickets on their website https://www.wickedforestofterror.com.
- Adults looking for Halloween festivities look no further than the Boom in OKC. Throughout October, they are performing The Rocky Horror Picture Show! Tickets are $30/ person, including dinner. There will be limited tickets due to Covid-19, and masks are required.
- There has been a murder! The Skirvin Hilton Hotel is hosting the nation’s largest interactive murder mystery dinner show, The Dinner Detective! Guests solve a thrilling murder mystery while enjoying a delicious four-course meal! There’s only a limited number of tickets left for the October 31st show, so get yours before they are all gone! https://www.thedinnerdetective.com/oklahoma-city/murder-mystery-tickets-showtimes/