One of our favorite clients at Campbell & Company Advertising is NewView Oklahoma. NewView is a non-profit organization that works to employ and empower the blind or visually impaired. They are a company filled with great people that do amazing work.
Did you know that at least 2.2 billion people have a vision impairment, and 70% of working- age Americans who are blind or visually impaired are unemployed? People with vision loss suffer substantial social and economic tolls. Suffering from vision loss can result in huge life changes that can be scary, but NewView Oklahoma works to make those changes a little less intimidating.
NewView offers rehabilitation, employment and community outreach to its individuals with a visual impairment.
- NewView has two low vision centers that offer specialized vision rehabilitation services such as occupational therapy, training in assistive technology, orientation and mobility, and on-the-job training to help enhance the lives of the visually impaired.
- Fun Fact: NewView Oklahoma is the state’s leading employer of individuals who are blind and visually impaired. They provide nearly 150 jobs through manufacturing, administrative, management or rehabilitation positions.
- NewView serves their community through three main programs:
- Their first program, Keys to Work, is for high school students and young adults transferring from high school to a college or career. NewView helps provide them with the skills to be job-ready and live independently.
- Their second program, OWL (Oklahomans Without Limits) Camp, is for children and teens. This a fun summer camp for children, who are blind and visually impaired, to engage in a FREE week filled with camp activities.
- The third and last program is NewView’s community groups. Vital is a community group that offers social support to vision-impaired servicemen and their families. Eyes Just Talking is a peer-run support group in OKC for the visually impaired and blind and their families.
NewView offers a tremendous amount of support and opportunities for individuals who are blind and visually impaired, and their families. Through their rehabilitation, employment and programs, they positively impact these people’s lives every day.
If you want to learn more about NewView and their work, go to https://nvoklahoma.org